Tempo Reale's research activities work on many different levels, going from the definition of new musical contexts to technological experimentation. These activities require intensive periods of experimentation, workshops, conferences and publications regarding the following topics:
- MUSICAL EXPERIMENTATION. The research of new compositional techniques and new ways of proposing music, with a particular focus on unusual venues, improvisation and new technologies.
- INTERACTION. The analysis of new kinds of man-machine interactions when it comes to managing and controlling gestural actions during live performances or installations.
- SOUNDSCAPE. Investigating the sonorous landscape as both a scientific and creative phenomenon.
- MUSIC NOTATION. The study of new forms of notation for the electronic reproductions of repertoire musical works, with a special regard to Luciano Berio's electronic compositions.
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING. The development of software tools dedicated to the spatialization and live elaboration of sound and to the automation of live performances of electronic music.
- SOUND ARCHIVE. Maintenance, enhancement and analysis of the centre's historical and current archives.
Objects with the finality of the creation of spatialisation systems (Sound MOVement) based on a simple modification of the signal’s width.
The purpose of ctr.smovctrl is to construct lists of crossfade widths and times using various modes of interaction. Instead, ctr.smovfade~ is the external object which spatialises the monophonic source in reality, implementing the crossfade functions within, which take account of the overall intensity.
For further information, see “Asymmetrical Envelope Shapes in Sound Spatialization”.…
Leggi tutto: Max/MSP Externals | Spatialization
Objects: ctr.fade~, ctr.gain~, ctr.mix~, ctr.multiramp, ctr.unpack
Objects developed to deal with specific problems which can only partially be solved using standard Max/MSP objects (for example, ctr.multiramp for building overlapping MIDI ramps and variable tempo MIDI ramps, and ctr.unpack which unlike the standard unpack object can manage lists with elements that do not correspond to predefined types) or instruments which emulate simple patches that can be constructed with standard Max/MSP objects but guarantee greater efficiency (for example ctr.gain~ and ctr.fade~).…
Leggi tutto: Max/MSP Externals|Utilities
Tempo Reale is distributing a series of Max/MSP externals developed for their own productions and directed to solving specific problems as well as to improving the performance and stability of their own live electronics systems. These externals are released with a Lesser Gnu Public License for version 5 of the Cycling74 software.
Details and download…
Leggi tutto: Max/MSP Externals
Tempo Reale’s project for children
"Esplorazione e creazione musicale con le nuove tecnologie", Musica Domani 147, EDT, Torino 2008
For over ten years, educational activities for children have been a firm and significant commitment for Tempo Reale. By exploring, manipulating, and composing sounds, primary school children develop awareness and taste towards sounds and their relationships, thanks to simple and intuitive software instruments specifically developed for them. The article published on Musica Domani makes a summary of their premise and of the general direction of the project, which has been successfully applied in Tuscany and elsewhere.
Read PDF article…
Leggi tutto: Musica Domani