Tempo Reale's research activities work on many different levels, going from the definition of new musical contexts to technological experimentation. These activities require intensive periods of experimentation, workshops, conferences and publications regarding the following topics:
- MUSICAL EXPERIMENTATION. The research of new compositional techniques and new ways of proposing music, with a particular focus on unusual venues, improvisation and new technologies.
- INTERACTION. The analysis of new kinds of man-machine interactions when it comes to managing and controlling gestural actions during live performances or installations.
- SOUNDSCAPE. Investigating the sonorous landscape as both a scientific and creative phenomenon.
- MUSIC NOTATION. The study of new forms of notation for the electronic reproductions of repertoire musical works, with a special regard to Luciano Berio's electronic compositions.
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING. The development of software tools dedicated to the spatialization and live elaboration of sound and to the automation of live performances of electronic music.
- SOUND ARCHIVE. Maintenance, enhancement and analysis of the centre's historical and current archives.
Upcoming events for the Listening Cities project, a partnership with GRUNDTVIG promoting the exchange of ideas between artists and theorists working in the field of “sound landscapes”. Tempo Reale, in collaboration with Alte Schmiede in Vienna, Salford University, the GMVL in Lyon and Ephmee in Corfu, is organising events, seminars, and concerts.Upcoming events for the Listening Cities project, a partnership with GRUNDTVIG promoting the exchange of ideas between artists and theorists working in the field of “sound landscapes”. Tempo Reale, in collaboration with Alte Schmiede in Vienna, Salford University, the GMVL in Lyon and Ephmee in Corfu, is organising events, seminars, and concerts.…
Leggi tutto: "LISTENING CITIES" ACTIVITIES
A short essay examining three musical works from recent years, interlacing between musical expression and large architectural spaces, from Rome Auditorium to Stazione Leopolda in Florence.
F. Giomi, “Musica per grandi architetture: alcuni progetti sonori di Tempo Reale”, in Musica & Architettura (curated by A. Capanna et al.), Rome, Edizioni Nuova Cultura, 2012.
Leggi tutto: Musica & architettura
From Led Zeppelin to Nirvana
The study of rock music, intended as a scientific engagement with its most significant and structural aspects, is an inevitable path of awareness for anyone who wishes to understand the full emotional significance of an artistic field which has deeply changed the history of music itself. This publication includes ten literary snapshots on the history of rock music by a mixed group of authors with different approaches to form and to content, but all linked by the same passion towards studies of their favourite music.
Edited by Andrea Gozzi
Piombino, Il Foglio Letterario, 2014
Leggi tutto: APPUNTI DI ROCK