Tempo Reale's research activities work on many different levels, going from the definition of new musical contexts to technological experimentation. These activities require intensive periods of experimentation, workshops, conferences and publications regarding the following topics:
- MUSICAL EXPERIMENTATION. The research of new compositional techniques and new ways of proposing music, with a particular focus on unusual venues, improvisation and new technologies.
- INTERACTION. The analysis of new kinds of man-machine interactions when it comes to managing and controlling gestural actions during live performances or installations.
- SOUNDSCAPE. Investigating the sonorous landscape as both a scientific and creative phenomenon.
- MUSIC NOTATION. The study of new forms of notation for the electronic reproductions of repertoire musical works, with a special regard to Luciano Berio's electronic compositions.
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING. The development of software tools dedicated to the spatialization and live elaboration of sound and to the automation of live performances of electronic music.
- SOUND ARCHIVE. Maintenance, enhancement and analysis of the centre's historical and current archives.
Intertactive works at Tempo Reale
Over the past years, Tempo Reale has intensified its activity producing works related to sound and new technologies. Among the results of these activities are the three works we are presenting here: Osso by Virgilio Sieni, Spiral by Karlheinz Stockhausen, and The Table of Earth by David Moss. Despite belonging to different backgrounds, these works are all distinguished by a strong interaction between their performers and electronics, and the interaction is mediated by the use of “sensible tables” of various types and shapes; these tables perform the role of an actual musical instrument.
F. Giomi and D. Meacci, Opere interattive a Tempo Reale, Atti del Convegno "La terra fertile", Conservatorio di Sassari/Cemat, 2010.
READ PDF ARTICLE…
Leggi tutto: TERRA FERTILE 2010
Upcoming events for the Listening Cities project, a partnership with GRUNDTVIG promoting the exchange of ideas between artists and theorists working in the field of “sound landscapes”. Tempo Reale, in collaboration with Alte Schmiede in Vienna, Salford University, the GMVL in Lyon and Ephmee in Corfu, is organising events, seminars, and concerts.Upcoming events for the Listening Cities project, a partnership with GRUNDTVIG promoting the exchange of ideas between artists and theorists working in the field of “sound landscapes”. Tempo Reale, in collaboration with Alte Schmiede in Vienna, Salford University, the GMVL in Lyon and Ephmee in Corfu, is organising events, seminars, and concerts.…
Leggi tutto: "LISTENING CITIES" ACTIVITIES